Have you tried making mashed cauliflower yet? It is amazingly simple and with herbs and a little butter it beats mashed potatoes any day!
Did you know that cauliflower is filled with vitamin C? You will also find it loaded with vitamin K, protein, and magnesium just to name a few. Cauliflower is great for digestive health and brain health as well, so eat up your mashed cauliflower.
Before I share with you this no fail recipe, feel free to add your favorite mashed potato ingredients to this and experiment with the flavors.
- 1 head of cauliflower can use frozen as well
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ tsp of garlic powder or 2 fresh garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower head into 4 large chunks after removing the stem and leaves. Place into a steamer.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, remove from steamer and place into a large bowl.
- With an immersion blender puree the cauliflower to desired texture. (A food processor can be used as well)
- Add the chives, butter, and garlic and mix with a spoon
- Season with salt & pepper and mix
What is your favorite ingredient for mashed cauliflower? Please share here so others can try!