Activities to Do at Home to Celebrate Earth Day for All Ages
The 50th anniversary of Earth Day will be here soon and even though we can’t go out for a celebration, we can certainly plan some activities at home for all ages
Earth Day is an annual world celebration that focuses on environmental protection. Many years you will find people planting trees, organizing trash pick ups, and attending rallies all over the world. During 2020, many of us will be celebrating Earth Day under quarantine in our homes. But just because we are home, doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate.
What are fun activities to celebrate Earth Day at home?
10 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day While Under Quarantine-2020
- Plant an edible garden
- Research plants that are native to your area and create a pollinator garden
- Go bird watching- even through your window.
- Draw a picture of nature and display it for all to see
- Create a family plan to reduce one-time use products
- Make a recycling plan. Don’t forget to research what your community allows for recycling-many of us don’t do it right. Look through some of your products to determine if they meet the criteria.
- Write a weekly meal plan and grocery list for your week to limit food waste. For fun, let the kids pick a meal or two.
- Take a walk or ride your bike- at a distance of course- and enjoy nature
- Upcycle-create something using things you might usually throw away
- Fix it- don’t toss something just because it broke.
I asked my children what we will be doing for Earth Day and they responded by saying – we will not pollute and we will recycle. These are a great place for us to start.
There are many ways to be creative on this Earth Day.
How will you be celebrating Earth Day 2020?