For our first Thanksgiving in Hawaii, my mom’s group got together and shared our favorite recipes. A carrot soufflé was amazing! I removed the refined sugar, reduced the butter, changed the flour and added more carrots than the original and it is still just as good. I wish I knew which mom brought the original recipe so I could thank her. This new version is a staple for holidays in my home.
Delicious Carrot Soufflé Recipe
- Approx. 1 lb. carrots. I prefer regular carrots and usually end up using more.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. spelt flour whole wheat or favorite flour. (Some alternative flours can alter the flavor slightly)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Peel, chop and steam carrots.
- Place cooked carrots and all other ingredients in a food processor until pureed.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 mins for about 30 to 45 mins, depends on the size pan you use.