Do you love pumpkin? Are you working to cut out processed sugar? Well these no-bake Pumpkin Almond Date bars are for you!
These Pumpkin Almond Date Bars are sweetened with delicious dates. The dates also provide fiber, potassium, manganese, magnesium, vitamin B6 and so much more. Just remember that dates also contain natural sugar.
Another great thing about these bars is that you just need to use the food processor, parchment paper and a baking dish.
What you need
Pumpkin Almond Date Bars
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Place the almond in the food processor. Pulse several times to chop the almonds
- Add dates*, pumpkin and spices to the food processor. Blend until it appears to be a paste with chunks of almonds
- Place parchment paper in a baking dish ( I use an 8x8 pan)
- Spread mixture evenly into pan
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes
- Slice and enjoy
- Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer
*If you are struggling to blend the dates into a paste, try soaking them in water for about 15 minutes before placing them in the food processor.
Also, if you are nut free, you can omit the almonds and mix in 1 cup of oats (with a spoon) after you create the paste with the dates and pumpkin. These are just as delicious!
We love using dates for sweetness, what is your favorite way to use them?