Have you been looking for a way to love your eggs even more? Enjoy this fresh egg bake filled with wonderful flavors and piles of zucchini.
With this egg bake, you add some protein and vitamin A, magnesium, vitamin C and omega 3 fatty-acids (just to name a few) to your routine. This zucchini egg bake has plenty of moisture and can be stored in the refrigerator to enjoy more than once.
Zucchini Egg Bake
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt. Stir in zucchini
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
Adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/zucchini-egg-bake