Kid and Mom Approved! Carrot and Zucchini Muffins filled with zucchini and carrots. Enjoy these delicious muffins with a little extra goodness added. The carrots and zucchini are great partners with the cinnamon.
Carrot and Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour we prefer einkorn or sprouted spelt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut crystals or 1/2 cup raw honey if you use honey it will add a little more moisture to the mixture but that is okay
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted reduce to 3 tbsp if using honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce reduce to 3 tbsp if using honey
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and coconut crystals in one bowl. If using honey don't add to dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix honey (if not using coconut crystals), eggs, oil and applesauce. Combine the two bowls. Mixture will be just slightly wet.
- Add zucchini & carrot.
- Spoon into muffin tin about 3/4 way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 mins. Put a toothpick in the center of one and if it comes out clean, you are done.