Kid and Mom Approved! Carrot and Zucchini Muffins filled with zucchini and carrots. Enjoy these delicious muffins with a little extra goodness added. The carrots and zucchini are great partners with the cinnamon.
Carrot and Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups <a href="http://amzn.to/1j3LSU2" target="_blank">flour</a> (we prefer einkorn or sprouted spelt)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup <a href="http://amzn.to/1hDarXP" target="_blank">coconut crystals</a> or 1/2 cup <a href="http://amzn.to/1U2XNlN" target="_blank">raw honey</a> (if you use honey it will add a little more moisture to the mixture but that is okay)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup <a href="http://amzn.to/1PNvCl3" target="_blank">coconut oil</a> melted (reduce to 3 tbsp if using honey)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (reduce to 3 tbsp if using honey)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and coconut crystals in one bowl. If using honey don’t add to dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix honey (if not using coconut crystals), eggs, oil and applesauce. Combine the two bowls. Mixture will be just slightly wet.
- Add zucchini & carrot.
- Spoon into muffin tin about 3/4 way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 mins. Put a toothpick in the center of one and if it comes out clean, you are done.