Chili anyone? Are you looking for a new chili recipe this season? This is a great version controlling all of the ingredients and adding your favorites.
This recipes calls for a little celery for crunch and several spices that pull this recipe together. Put the chili base on top of you favorite noodle. We prefer spiraled zucchini or Jovial pasta.
Delicious Red Chili
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast browned
- 4 to 5 large tomatoes diced or 18 oz jar of diced tomatoes
- 13.4 oz carton of kidney beans or 15 oz BPA free can
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 celery stalked finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste optional
- sliced avocado optional
- Brown your turkey in a skillet.
- In a large pot add the oil, then onion and celery. Cook for about 10 mins, then add tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Add the spices and mix
- Bring to a boil, reduce temp and let simmer for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Enjoy by itself or over Jovial pasta, rice or spiraled zucchini
- Top with a little avocado (optional)