Who loves chocolate? Why not a Creamy Chocolate Almond Spread that doesn’t cost over $10 a jar. Enjoy this chocolate goodness with a rice cake, apple or even your favorite toast.
Creamy Chocolate Almond Spread
- 2 cups dry roasted unsalted whole almonds (will make about 1 1/4 cup almond butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoon raw cacao or cocoa powder.
- 4-5 tablespoons of water or coconut oil. The amount will depend on the consistency you desire. Unrefined coconut oil will add a coconut flavor to your spread and it will be less creamy but tasty.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place almonds in a blender (we use a Vitamix). Pulse on high power for about 10 seconds until it machine begins to have a chugging sound, lower the power. Continue moving from high power to low power until blended to creamy consistency.
- Pour almond butter into a bowl
- Add the chocolate powder, pure maple syrup and vanilla. Mix
- As you stir, add water or coconut oil to desired consistency.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.