I am a girl born and raised in Wisconsin and ranch dressing is everywhere. It is used almost as frequently or even more than ketchup for some. I threw this together for my family to enjoy the flavors but not all of the extra ingredients added.
Have you ever turned over your favorite ranch mix packet to see what it is made of? Here is an example of a popular brand.
Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Buttermilk, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Dried Garlic, Dried Onion, Lactic Acid, Calcium Lactate, Citric Acid, Spices, Artificial Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Stearate, Carboxymethylcellulose, Guar Gum.
Sound delicious? Not really.
One of my favorite things to do for my family is to put out a platter of raw vegetables for snack time or dinner with a side of ranch dipping sauce. It isn’t your typical ranch because it is better and you control the ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Mix the ingredients into an airtight container
1 cup plain yogurt (I use full fat)
1. Add the ranch seasoning mixture to the yogurt and stir. Enjoy!
- Use it to make your own salad dressing—Mix equal parts of olive oil and apple cider vinegar and add a portion of the seasoning (your preference) and mix.
- Season your favorite fish or chicken
- Add a little seasoning to your favorite potatoes
- Pinch some in your favorite vegetable soup for some more flavor
What is your favorite thing to do with ranch seasoning?