Is there anyone else like me who would stick to a New Years resolution for about 30 days? Instead of a New Years resolution…commit to a lifestyle change. Keep yourself healthy inside and out for years to come.
1) Limit refined sugars. Sadly many of us are addicted to sugar but once you eliminate refined versions, you will notice you do not crave it any longer. (This was a big one for me!)
List of refined sugars http://dishingforreal.blogspot.com/2014/11/refined-sugarwhere-is-it.html
2) Spend more time focusing on the ingredients in processed food. The great thing about our smart phones today is that you can look anything up in a quick second. And if you don’t know what it is, you most likely don’t want to eat it.
3) Find something positive in every day. We all have good days and bad days. Take time each morning reflect on the positives in your day. You would be shocked how 5 mins of positive thinking can impact your outlook on the day ahead. Take a moment in the evening to be thankful.
4) Set a goal to make more meals at home using real food ingredients. Making a plan is key.
5) Focus on your numbers. Not just your weight but your cholesterol, triglycerides, vitamin D level (especially in a cold climate)…etc. If you don’t know these numbers, you are probably due for a visit to the doctor. It is amazing what a little nutritional panel can tell you about your body.
6) Do something nice for someone for no reason. Share your positive attitude with others, it is contagious.
A lifestyle change is a journey, not just for a year but a lifetime.
Welcome to a healthy 2015!