Yes, we still like to enjoy cake once and a while at our house. We use this Chocolate Cake recipe for birthdays and special events.
This is a basic chocolate cake recipe and has amazing flavor. We typically use quinoa flour in it but you can use Einkorn as well.
Delicious Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 cup coconut crystals
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk can use dairy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- I typically make in two 9 inch cake pans or cupcake pan. Grease the bottoms on the 9 inch cake pan and then add a strip of parchment paper in the middle (enough so that it sticks out the edge) This will help you get the cake out of the pan.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, coconut crystals, raw cacao, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then and milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix.
- Add the cup of boiling water and beat on high for about 1 min.
- Distribute batter evenly and bake for about 30 to 40 mins. Insert a toothpick in the middle, once it comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven
- Let sit for several minutes and then remove cake and cool on a drying rack.
- Frost with our favorite Coconut Whipped Cream or sprinkle with a dusting of powdered sugar.