I have a husband who is not a fan of plain chicken but really who is. I am always working to create something quick, new and flavorful and I found a winner with this Coconut Creamy Rosemary Mushroom Chicken.
Whether fresh or dry, rosemary partners wonderfully with many things, including chicken and mushrooms. Did you know that rosemary contains Manganese, iron, fiber and B vitamins? Enjoy more of this delicious herb.
Coconut Cream Rosemary Mushroom Chicken
- 2 cooked chicken breast diced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms use your favorite
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoon cream from coconut milk*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the butter to a medium heat skillet
- Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and sauté for several minutes
- Add the rosemary and chicken to the mushrooms
- Mix in the coconut milk
- Add salt and pepper to taste
*to get the cream of coconut milk: refrigerate the can of coconut milk for 24 hours. Once you open the can, the cream will be on top. Scoop out the cream and add to the dish. Use the remaining cream to make Whipped Coconut Topping for your favorite fruit or add to your morning coffee.
- A boost to your immune system
- Cancer fighting
- Weight management
- Good source of vitamin D
Remember when shopping, you may only find some versions in dried form. They are still easy to use in cooking, so don’t pass them up.
Which do you like best? Oyster, chanterelle, maitake, shitake, portabella, cremini, procini….plus so many more!
So next time you considering avoiding them in a recipe or picking them out of a dish. Think of the benefits you are missing.